The Patriots will play the Oakland Raiders on the road in Week 4 of the regular season.
If the previous game didn't teach people not to take success for granted, maybe this week will. This is because the Patriots have run into another team on a little hot streak, but experts still question the Raiders' potential. I don't think the Patriots underestimated how good the Buffalo Bills were, they just didn't play well down the stretch and failed to execute in 3 out of the 4 aspects of football, offense, defense, and coaching. They turned the ball over 4 times on offense, the defense couldn't stop anything, and Belichick blew a crucial timeout, which was apparently caused by an argument he had with an official. In those situations, coaches just have to keep their composure. (The special teams weren't major contributors to the loss on Sunday.)
However, this does not mean the Patriots cannot rebound as a unit and play extremely well after a hard loss. In fact, I believe they will come out roaring and play with passion and energy. The major concerns I have for the Patriots going in to this game are the defensive backs and stopping the run. In other words, the defense as a whole has to perform better if this team wishes not only to win this game, but to go deep into the playoffs.
I will predict that the Patriots will win this game by 10 points.
No comments:
Post a Comment